Tuesday 13 April 2010

Songs!

Hello my lovelies, today I'm making a post with a theme! MY intake has been...okay. But that's off topic! Today is all about our favourite thinspo songs! And It'd be nice if you made a post telling everyone your favourite thinspo songs too!!

Top....Ten?
1.) She's Falling Apart - Lisa Loeb.
This is a very popular one, that I heard one day after I'd been in the gym. It's definately directly about an eating disorder lol.
2.) The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot - Brand New
This song was on someone's blog the other day, who's was it? The end bit is especially good..it just makes me think of being alone and how anorexia can wreck relationships.
3.) Eyesore - Maria Mena
Maria Mena is going to feature on this list more than once. This is directly about EDs,
and it's amazing. You can interpret it as a pro-ana or pro-recovery song, but either
way its beautiful.
4.) Cause and Effect - Maria Mena
Exactly the same as above, but with more about her life.
5.) Big Isn't Beautiful - King Adora
Heh heh heh. It's a favourite and very good. Upbeat and therefore gym worthy!
6.) Skinny - Filter
Fantastic song :) makes me get my ass into gear, but also shows the truth about EDs.
7.) Control - Alexisonfire
Control...isn't it what we all want? A song about burdens, lies, and not seeing what we
expect in the mirror.
8.) Lover I Don't Have To Love - Bright Eyes
I don't know why this one is here. It's nothing to do with eating disorders, but it makes
me feel like it is. It's...never being full. It's about missing something in your life.
9.) A Little Easier - Leddra Chapman
Again, not about EDs, but it's about a relationship that could be applied to ED?
10.) Internal Dialogue - Maria Mena
Same as above tbh. It's true for many of us, with cutting and EDs and dysfunctional
relationships....or is that just me :P

And now I have a strange craving for herbal tea....

Hope to see your songs up soon!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment